The Irish Whip

One Irish fan's perspective on the weird wide world of professional wrestling

12 July 2005

The Ground Rules

Before I get this blog going in earnest, a few caveats:

- This is an entirely personal endeavour. I'm not pretending to be a source of news or original journalism (though some might appear from time to time). This is first and foremost a place for me to yammer about an industry that interests me. If I'm talking to myself, that's fine by me.

- My comment will be overwhelmingly weighted towards World Wrestling Entertainment - not because of any aversion to other wrestling companies, but simply because WWE is the only wrestling I see on TV on a regular basis. I don't yet have The Wrestling Channel, so the current happenings of NWA:TNA and the Japanese leagues are pretty much unavailable to me outside of what I read in magazines or on the web (and I don't have the time to tape trade or the money to spend on bootlegs, however much I'd like to).

- From time to time I might also post about the UFC and mixed martial arts - mainly because it's interesting to me, and there's an evident crossover with wrestling in terms of its audience despite the inherent differences. When it comes to wrestling I'm no puritan.

- I may link to definitions of terms or phrases that might seem obvious to those 'in the know', but I'm no elitist. They might prove helpful to someone who's new to the game and just happens to stumble on this site.

- Comments are very welcome, but only if they're relevant to the particular post or discussion. Anything else will be removed at my discretion. It's my site, I'm the referee and my decision is final.

These rules may be added to or modified as I see fit. Just so we're clear.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home