The Irish Whip

One Irish fan's perspective on the weird wide world of professional wrestling

29 November 2005

Survivior Series: Post-mortem

The show, as expected, was a let-down, so there's not much to note here -- other than that the three least-ambiguous of my predictions all proved untrue to varying degrees.

I did say that both Flair and Triple H would bleed, didn't I? Well only Flair bled this time. But to be fair, he bled enough for both of them.

I also said that Melina would win the title from Trish, but I guess the bookers prefer Stratus to hold the title rather than chase it.

And that Bischoff/Long nonsense I promised to fast-forward through? I must confess I would have stopped to watch the end, when the Boogeyman did his bit, just for the sheer inanity of it all.

Anyway, it's over now, and it's onward to... well, nothing particularly interesting just yet. There's little about the current angles and booking to captivate me at the moment. And even the prospect of an Elimination Chamber match at New Year's Revolution doesn't fill me with any sense of expectation.

I can understand that lack of morale following Eddie's death, coupled with the long-term booking plans going awry for the same reason, could allow things to stagnate to an extent. But it's winter and I'm cold and I need something to entertain me, not encourage hibernation.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home