The Irish Whip

One Irish fan's perspective on the weird wide world of professional wrestling

05 November 2005

Not Dead Yet

Yes, I know I haven't posted here in weeks. No, the site isn't dead yet. You see what happened was, I got pissed off.

I had a notebook full of witty comments on Raw and SmackDown! shows, all ready to be typed up. I even went to the trouble of writing up that Unforgiven preview. And then? I realised how utterly useless it all was.

Let's face it, the current WWE product is crap. Sure there's a good moment here or there but, really, they occur more by accident than intention. By and large, it's shite beyond description.

I had a moment watching Raw last week, when they dug up Goldust and Vader for the Coach's aborted (and abortion of an) angle with Steve Austin. Goldust I don't mind so much, even though he was only there because his daddy's a booker again. But Vader? The man has put on so much weight he can barely balance when he stands up. Which was painfully obvious when he fell on his arse not once, but twice. It was just sad, because I remember him in his prime, when he was an agile monster. Kinda sums up the whole WWE for me right there.

So fuck it, I'm not going to waste my time making notes on shows that I'm barely enjoying. I'm not doing an Unforgiven review (other than this: it was shit). I won't comment, beyond right now of course, on my disgust at the treatment of Jim Ross over the last few weeks. I didn't even give a crap about Taboo Tuesday this year considering the options were so obviously stacked (at least last year gave you the illusion that your choices mattered).

What I will do, however, is continue to post about things I do like. And there are a few; they've been queued here while my anger and boredom subsided.

I've mentioned on my main weblog about blogging as a chore, which is what watching wrestling (and by extention, blogging about it) had become. I might still watch (or rather, fast-forward through) the WWE out of obligation, but I won't write about it unless it really grabs me. Besides, there's a whole world of wrestling out there beyond Titan Towers, just waiting to be discovered by yours truly. Might make this place an interesting read again, like it was to me for the first couple of weeks.

Who knows? I might even make a column out of it...

...nah. That's dangerous thinking.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home